With nearly 1,000 downloads, our report on private LORAWAN networks was an unexpected success. We propose the second edition 2019, with new chapters!
The Internet of Things is the new Industrial Revolution. The choice of the network (or networks) of communications that will be used to enable communication between real-world objects (machines, equipment, installations, etc.) is crucial for each company. The options are numerous (M2M, WIFI, LoRaWAN, SigFox, BLE, NB-IOT, ZigBee …). All of these options have advantages and disadvantages.
Among these options, the LoRaWAN data network has a peculiarity that makes it unique, and as such, particularly interesting. It is possible to deploy LoRaWAN sensors / actuators, both on the public network of a telecom operator, and on its own private network, LoRaWAN.
This white paper aims to explain what is a LoRaWAN network, the building blocks, and the steps needed to deploy its own private LoRaWAN network.
Table of Content: LoRaWAN Private Networks - 2019 White Paper
- What is a LoRaWAN Network?
- LORAWAN networks around the world in 2019
- Interconnection of LORAWAN networks
- Is it legal?
- Is there a need for an authorization or a license?
- The frequency problem
- “Internet of Things” – Internet?
- Components of a LoRaWAN Network
- “Devices” – Sensors and Actuators
- LoRaWAN Gateway – Base Station
- LoRaWAN Network Server
- IOT Software Platform and Business Application
- Steps to Deploy a Private LoRaWAN Network