The Internet of Things is the new Industrial Revolution. The choice of the network (or networks) of communications that will be used to allow communication between real-world objects (machines, equipment, installations, etc.) is crucial for each company. The options are numerous (M2M, WIFI, LoRaWAN, SigFox, BLE, NB-IOT, ZigBee …). All of these options have advantages and disadvantages.
Among these options, the LoRaWAN data network has a peculiarity that makes it unique and, as such, particularly interesting. It is possible to deploy LoRa sensors / actuators, both on the public network of a telecom operator. Or deploy its own private network, LoRaWAN.
Second Edition: Sept 2019.
Table of Content:
- What is a LORAWAN Network?
- LORAWAN networks around the world in 2019
- Interconnection of LORAWAN networks
- Is it legal?
- Is there a need for an authorization or a license?
- The frequency problem
- “Internet of Things” – Internet
- Components of a LoRaWAN Network
- “Devices” – Sensors and Actuators
- LoRaWAN Gateway – Base Station
- LoRaWAN Network Server
- IOT Software Platform and Business Application
- Steps to Deploy a Private LoRaWAN Network