The RS232 to LORA converter allows the transparent transmission of RS232 frames. These frames are stored in transmitted at regular intervals. If the frame is larger than the LoRa frame, the data is transmitted in several separate packets.
It also has 2 security channels that allow you to send an immediate LoRa message when one of these channels is activated.
This RS232 to LoRa Converter also has an internal temperature sensor, allowing a regular reading of the temperature at the location of the measurements made.
Use Cases of the RS232 to LoRa Convertor
- Utilities metering (like water, electricity, heat)
- Industrial equipment with RS232 or Pulse Output
- Transparent RS232 data transmission or on RS232 request.
RS232 to LoRa Converter Technical specifications
- RS232 interface: 1
- Pulse inputs: up to 2.
- Security inputs: up to 2.
- Internal temperature sensor.
- Accumulate and further transmit RS232 data
We offer a comprehensive portfolio of Industrial LoRaWAN IOT sensors. For more information and quotation, contact us!
The LoRa network, also called LoRaWAN, is a dedicated Data network for IOT sensors. It provides small data transmission on large distances – up to 15 km, while consuming very limited energy, allowing sensors to be operated on small batteries.
- In Belgium and Luxembourg, Proximus operates a nation wide LoRaWAN network.
- In France, Orange and Bouygues operate a LoRaWAN network.
- In the Netherlands, KPN is the main LoRaWAN operator.
- In Switzerland, SwissCom is the main LORAWAN operator
- LoRaWAN is available in most Countries (Spain, Andorra, Italy, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, UK, Ireland, Iceland...). Worldwide.
If there is no LoRaWAN coverage in your country/region, it is also possible to deploy a private LoRaWAN network.
Contact us if you have questions about the LORAWAN coverage in your region.
You can use this sensor with your own software platform or IOT solution.
You can also choose the IOT Factory software platform, which includes all the sensors presented here as standard. Among the available features:
- Many pre-integrated sensors.
- Support for many LORAWAN Network Servers, but also SigFox, NB-IOT, M2M, Bluetooth, WIFI…
- Customizable dashboards, configurable data processing and alerts, interactive and automated reports (web, pdf, excel), APIs
- SaaS or on-premise
- White labeling
The IOT Factory software platform is ideal for your projects in:
- Smart Building
- Smart Industries
- Smart Logistics
- Smart Construction